Kellgren sentence example
- But his best work was his national drama of Gustaf Vasa (1783), written by the king in prose, and afterwards versified by Kellgren.
- The first list of immortals, which included the survivors of a previous age and such young celebrities as Kellgren and Leopold, embraced all that was most brilliant in the best society of Stockholm; the king himself presided, and won the first prize for an oration.
- A writer of far more power and versatility was Johan Henrik Kellgren (q.v.; 1751-1795), the, leader of taste in his time.
- He was the first writer Kellgren of the end of the century in Sweden, and the second undoubtedly was Karl Gustaf of Leopold' (1756-1829),.
- The king gave him a pension and rooms in the palace, admitting him on intimate terms. He was not equal to Kellgren in general poetical ability, but he is great in didactic and satiric writing.Advertisement
- Much of her work appeared anonymously, and was generally attributed to her contemporaries Kellgren and Leopold.
- His prose writings, which include prefaces to the works of Kellgren and Lidner, and an eloquent argument against Rousseau's theory of the injurious influence of art and letters, rank with the best of the period.
- Kellgren and Leopold were both of them important prose writers.