Kefr sentence example
- A few scattered palms dot the western shores, and a palm grove is to be found near Kefr Harib on the south-east.
- But it is doubtful whether Tell Ham can be considered as a corruption of Kefr Nahum, the Semitic name which the Greek represents: and there is not here, as at Khan Minyeh, any spring that can be equated to the Heptapegon of Josephus.
- No ancient remains of Jewish synagogues exist except those that have been identified in some of the ancient Galilean towns, such as Tell Hum (Talhum), Kerazeh, Kefr Bir`im, and elsewhere.
- Kefr Kenna, now a flourishing Christian village at the foot of the Nazareth hills, south of the Buttauf, is one of the sites identified with Cana of Galilee, and the ruin Kana, on the north side of the same plain, represents the site pointed out to the pilgrims of the 12th and 13th centuries.
- Though rocky and difficult, Upper Galilee is not barren, the soil of the plateaus is rich, and the vine flourishes in the higher hills, especially in the neighbourhood of Kefr Bir'im.Advertisement
- In Kefr Bir`im there were remains of two synagogues, but early in the 10th century one of them was completely destroyed by a local stone-mason.