Kebbi sentence example
- From it issues the Kebbi (Mao Kebi) a tributary of the Benue, and through it flows a tributary of the Logone, the chief affluent of the Shari.
- In the vicinity of the rivers Benue, Faro and Kebbi, the people, who are good agriculturists, raise cereals and other crops, while on the plateaus stock-raising forms the chief pursuit of the inhabitants.
- Tributaries of the Niger traverse the western portion of the country, the most noteworthy being the Gulbin Kebbi or Sokoto river and the Kaduna, which flows through a valley not more than 500 ft.
- The Kebbi, fed by many torrents rising in the eastern versant of the Mandara Hills, issues from the S.W.
- The Kebbi flows west, and soon after leaving Tuburi passes through a rocky barrier marked by a series of rapids and a fall at Lata of 165 ft.Advertisement
- Below these obstructions the Kebbi to its junction with the Benue has a depth of not less than 6 ft.
- Below the Kebbi confluence the Benue, now a considerable river, turns from a northerly to a westerly direction and is navigable all the year round by boats drawing not more than 21 ft.
- He ascended the Kebbi and discovered the Lata Fall, continuing up the river to its point of issue from Tuburi.
- Gobir and Kebbi remained Unconquered, as did the pagan hill tribes.
- It includes the ancient kingdoms of Zamfara on the east and Argunga or Kebbi on the west.Advertisement