Kautzsch sentence example
- Religion, 4th ed., p. 24, Kautzsch in his Religion of Israel already cited, p. 613, and recently Addis in his Hebrew Religion, p. 33 foll., have abandoned the theory as applied to Israel. ?
- 6 Though this be an interpolated gloss (Thenius, Budde), it states a significant truth as Kautzsch clearly shows, op. cit.
- A German translation of the Greek appears in Kautzsch's Apok.
- In German, see Fuchs's translations in Kautzsch's Die Apokryphen, ii.
- 9 The dates of the kings are, in most cases, those given by Kautzsch in the table in his Outline of the Hist.Advertisement
- Kautzsch have revised and enlarged it.
- But in justice to this scholar we may notice that from the first he looked for light to Babylonia, and that many other critics now take up the same I Kautzsch, Old Testament Literature (1898), p. 130.
- (See Kautzsch in Hastings's D.B., extra vol., p. 645 foil.) Such was the path of syncretism, and it was fraught with peril to the older and purer faith.
- He argued from past history that 2 Kautzsch, in his profoundly learned article on the " Religion of Israel," to which frequent reference has been made, exhibits (pp. 669-671) an excess of scepticism, in our opinion, towards the views propounded by Gunkel in 1895 (Schopfung and Chaos) respecting the intimate connexion between the early Hebrew cosmogonic ideas and those of Babylonia.
- On Hebrew religion in particular: specially full and helpful is Kautzsch's article " Religion of Israel " in Hastings's D.B., extra vol.; Marti's recent Religion des A.T.Advertisement