Kaufmann sentence example
- Then followed in 1875 the campaign against Khokand, in which Kaufmann defeated the khan, Nasr-ed-din.
- This rapid absorption of the khanates brought Russia into close proximity to Afghanistan, and the reception of Kaufmann's emissaries by the Amir was a main cause of the British war with Afghanistan in 1878.
- Kaufmann as follows 2: These figures are somewhat under-estimated, but the official figures are still lower, especially for Tomsk.
- He succeeded Kaufmann (q.v.) as governor of Turkestan in 1882, but his aggressive policy led to his recall two years later, when he was appointed a member of the council of war at St Petersburg.
- Kaufmann, Studien fiber Sal.-ibn Gabirol (Budapest, 1 899), p. 79, note 2.Advertisement
- In 1875 he was given an important command in the expedition against Khokand under General Kaufmann, showing great capacity in the action of Makram, where he out-manoeuvred a greatly superior force and captured 58 guns, and in a brilliant night attack in the retreat from Andijan, when he routed a large force with a handful of cavalry.
- Thence the province stretches northwards across the mountains of the Tian-shan system and southwards across the Alai and Trans-Alai Mts., which reach their highest point in Peak Kaufmann (23,000 ft.), in the latter range.
- 89, &c. For further information regarding the Hebrew Logos see, beside Dr Kaufmann Kohler, s.v.
- Khantengri (Mushketov, Semenov, Inylchik) and the Kok-su Mountains (Fedchenko, Shurovsky), south of Peak Kaufmann, there are welldeveloped glaciers.
- The general altitude of both ranges is 16,000-19,000 ft., but the Trans-Alai culminates in peak Kaufmann (23,000 ft.).Advertisement
- Although Kaufmann was unable to induce his government to support all his ambitious schemes of further conquest, he sent Skobeleff in 1880 and 1881 against the Akhal Tekkes, and was arranging to add Mer y to his annexations when he died suddenly at Tashkend on the 15th of May 1882.
- Charlie Kaufmann is also the actual screenwriter of the film.
- The house, built between 1936 and 1939 for Pittsburgh retail mogul Edgar Kaufmann, is built over a running mountain stream and waterfall.
- Falling Water, located southeast of Pittsburgh, was built in 1935 for Pittsburgh department store magnet Edgar Kaufmann.
- Such tests include the Stanford-Binet Intelligence Scale, the Wechsler Intelligence Scales, the Wechsler Preschool and Primary Scale of Intelligence, and the Kaufmann Assessment Battery for Children.Advertisement
- Read ASAT's Open Letter to Son-Rise Program's Raun Kaufmann for information about possible problems with substituting evidence-based therapies like ABA with Son-Rise.
- Please note that Raun Kaufmann was diagnosed as severely autistic with an IQ of less than 30 when he was two years old.