Katun sentence example
- The principal articles of its trade are rice and cotton, some sugar cane (nai shakar), flax (Katun) and hemp (Kanab) are also grown.
- Such are the Chuya Alps, having an average altitude of 9000 f t., with summits from 11,500 to 12,000 ft., and at least ten glaciers on their northern slope; the Katun Alps, which have a mean elevation of about lo,000 ft.
- The Katun and the Biya together form the Ob.
- On the northern side of the range which separates the upper Bukhtarma from the upper Katun is the Katun glacier, which after two ice-falls widens out to 700-900 yards.
- From a grotto in this glacier bursts tumultuously the Katun river.Advertisement
- From this lake issues the Biya, which joins the Katun at Biysk, and then meanders through the beautiful prairies of the north-west of the Altai.