Katha sentence example
- North of the apex of the delta and the boundary between the deltaic and inland tracts, the rainfall gradually lessens as far as Minbu, where what was formerly called the rainless zone commences and extends as far as Katha.
- Beyond these tracts there are many Kachins in Katha, Ming Mit and the northern Shan States.
- First, there is the highland tract including the hilly country at the sources of the Chindwin and the upper waters of the Irrawaddy, the Upper Chindwin, Katha, Bhamo, Myitkyina and Ruby Mines districts, with the Kachin hills and a great part of the Northern Shan states.
- In the highlands of the Shan hills there are the Inle lakes near Yawnghwe, and in the Katha district also there is another Indaw which covers some 60 sq.
- Beyond these tracts there are many Kachins in Katha, Mong-Mit, and the northern Shan States, but though they are often the preponderating, they are not the exclusive population.Advertisement
- It lies between the Katha, Upper and Lower Chindwin and Mandalay districts.
- Thus the Katha Vatthu, the latest book included in the canon, discusses points of disagreement that had arisen in the community.
- There is a branch railway from Myitkyina to Katha, whence there is daily communication by river to Bhamo.
- Beyond the Kaukkwe there is a ridge of hills, which starts at Leka, near Mogaung, and diverges to the south, the eastern ridge dividing the Kaukkwe from the Mosit, and the western forming the eastern watershed of the Nam Yin and running south into Katha.
- Rhys Davids, in Journal of the Royal Asiatic Society, 1892, contains an abstract of the Katha Vatthu; "On the Abhidhamma books of the Sarvastivadins," by Prof. Takakusu, in Journal of the Pali Text Society, 1905.Advertisement
- The kaTha Upanishad says it is like walking on a razor's edge.
- The DIVISION includes the districts of Mandalay, Bhamo, Myitkyina, Katha and Ruby Mines, with a total area of 29,373 sq.
- The kaTha upanishad says it is like walking on a razor 's edge.