Karshi sentence example
- A branch runs from Karshi to Kitab, and the intention was to join Kitab to Samarkand.
- There is a considerable trade in grain; but the commercial prosperity of Karshi is mainly due to its being a meeting-point for the roads from Samarkand, Bokhara, Hissar, Balkh and Maimana, and serves as the market where the Turkomans and Uzbegs dispose of their carpets, knives and firearms. Its coppersmiths turn out excellent work.
- Karshi was a favourite residence of Timur (Tamerlane).
- Here are the towns of Karshi, Kitab, Shaar, Chirakchi and Guzar or Huzar.
- The Kashka-darya, which flows westwards out of the glaciers of Hazret-sultan (west of the Hissar range), supplies the Shahri-sabs (properly Shaarsabiz) oasis with water, but is lost in the desert to the west of Karshi.Advertisement