Karlstadt sentence example
- The city consists of five mainportions - theAltstadt, the original town with narrow, irregular streets; the Karlstadt, dating from 1787 and so called after the electoral prince Charles Theodore; the Neustadt, laid out between 1690 and 1716; and the Friedrichstadt and the Kunigstadt, of recent formation.
- The principal towns are Agram, the capital, with 61,002 inhabitants in 190o; Esseg, the capital of Slavonia (2 4,93 0); Semlin (15,079); Mitrovica (11,518); Warasdin (12,930); Karlstadt (7396); Brod (7310); Sissek (7047); Djakovo (6824); Karlowitz (5643); Peterwardein (5019); Zengg (3182); and Buccari (1870).
- Ferdinand founded the generalcy of Karlstadt and thus laid the foundation of the military frontier.
- Throughout the century the Turks continued to extend their conquests until, in 1606, the emperor retained only western Croatia, with the cities of Agram, Karlstadt, Warasdin and Zengg.
- Fiume is the only seaport of Hungary, with which country it was connected, in 1809, by the Maria Louisa road, through Karlstadt.Advertisement