Karikari sentence example
- In April 1867 Kwaka Dua died, and after an interval of civil war was succeeded by Kofi Karikari, who on being enstooled swore, "My business shall be war."
- Seeing the preparations made by his enemy, Kofi Karikari endeavoured to make peace, and in response to General Wolseley's demands the European captives were released (January 1874).
- Sir Garnet Wolseley sent messengers to the king, but Kofi Karikari refused to surrender.
- On the 9th of February a messenger from Kofi Karikari overtook Sir Garnet, who on the 13th at Fomana received the Ashanti envoys.
- In the same month died the ex-king Kofi Karikari, and disruption threatened Ashanti.Advertisement
- Mr and Mrs Ramseyer (two of the missionaries imprisoned by King Kofi Karikari for four and a half years) returned to Kumasi, and other missionaries followed.
- 1 Shortly after the war the Ashanti deposed Kofi Karikari, and placed on the golden stool - the symbol of sovereignty - his brother Mensa.