Karawankas sentence example
- It is traversed by the Julian Alps, the Karawankas and the Steiner Alps, which belong all to the southern zone of the Eastern Alps.
- The Karawankas, which form the boundary between Carinthia and Carniola, have as their highest peak the Stou or Stuhlberg (7344 ft.), and are traversed by the Loibl Pass (4492 ft.).
- The highest peaks in the Karawankas are the Grosse Mittagskogel (7033 ft.), the Hoch-Obir (7023 ft.) and the Petzen (6934 ft.).
- The Ursula Berg (5563 ft.) ends the group of the Karawankas, which are continued by the Steiner Alps.
- Soon after our watershed makes a last bend to the south-east and culminates in the Terglou (9400 ft.), the highest point of the Julic Alps, though the Grintovc (8429 ft., the culminating point of the Karawankas Alps) stands more to the east.Advertisement
- This division includes three small groups, the Julie, Carnic and Karawankas Alps-each peak and pass being distinguished by one of the initial letters " J," " C " or " K."