Karajich sentence example
- Vuk Stefanovich Karajich called the first dialect the " South-Western or Herzegovinian dialect," the second the " Syrmian," the third the " Ressava " dialect.
- Karajich and his followers tried to make it the literary language of the Servians.
- Some sixty years after its appearance it inspired Vuk Stefanovich Karajich with the vision of his true mission.
- But Vuk Stefanovich Karajich, a self-taught writer, proved the fallacy of that assumption.
- The poets abandoned classical models and ceased to write in hexameters; they preferred to derive their inspiration from popular poetry, of which Karajich collected for them hundreds of examples.Advertisement
- The linguistic and literary reforms which Dossitey Obradovich and Vuk Stefanovich Karajich carried out in Servia about the close of this period helped to stimulate among the Croats a new interest in their national history, their traditions, folk-songs and folktales.
- The revival of the various Balkan nationalities was in every case accompanied or preceded by a literary movement; in Servian literature, under the influence of Obradovich and Vuk Karajich, the popular idiom, notwithstanding the opposition of the priesthood, superseded the ecclesiastical RussianSlavonic; in Bulgaria the eastern dialect, that of the Sredna Gora, prevailed.