Kanner sentence example
- The majority in fact, displayed Kanner's (1943) key features of early infantile autism.
- Maher taught both McGoohan and Kanner to handle their guns like professionals and choreographed all the fight scenes, including the wonderful final shootout.
- Kanner noted that the parents who came to see him were rather uptight professional people.
- This type of autism, defined by symptoms that appear before the age of three, is also known as classic autism, infantile autism, Kanner autism, and childhood autism.
- The characteristics displayed by these children were quite similar to those recorded by another researcher in 1943, Leo Kanner.Advertisement
- However, Kanner's syndrome, otherwise known as autism, is different in that autistic characteristics include severe language delays.
- Children with autism disorder, also known as classic autism or Kanner's autism, can be less responsive than the average child to some forms of sensory input, while being oversensitive to others.
- The syndrome was discovered by Hans Asperger in the early 1940's, ironically in the roughly the same time frame that Leo Kanner discovered autism.
- Autistic Disorder: The most commonly diagnoses type of autism is autistic disorder is autistic disorder, or Kanner's Syndrome.