Kanem sentence example
- In the east, the country of Kanem, the desiccation has been most marked.
- Joalland, reached the lake from the middle Niger, continuing his journey round the north end to Kanem.
- The Ghadamsi merchants have been known for centuries as keen and adventurous traders, and their agents are to be found in the more important places of the western and central Sudan, such as Kano, Katsena, Kanem, Bornu, Timbuktu, as well as at Ghat and Tripoli.
- There is also an ancient caravan route which runs through Kanem and across the Sahara to Tripoli.
- Kanem, a country north of Bagirmi and subject in turn to it and to Wadai, was at the same time brought under French control.Advertisement
- The third or central group of Sudanese states is formed of the sultanates of Bagirmi with Kanem and Wadai.