Kanauj sentence example
- Chief of these were the Rahtors, who ruled at Kanauj; the Chauhans of Ajmere; the Solankis of Anhilwara, in Gujarat; the Gehlots with the Sisodhyias sept, still in Mewar or Udaipur; and the Kachwaha clan, still in Jaipur.
- The Mala y a dynasty maintained Hindu civilization in the 6th century, and from 606 to 646 Harsha established a brief but brilliant empire in the north with its capital at Kanauj.
- The Hindu kingdom of Benares is said to have been founded by one Kas Raja about 1200 B.C. Subsequently it became part of the kingdom of Kanauj, which in A.D.
- Then in 1018, with a very large force, he proceeded to India again, extending his inroad this time to the great Hindu cities of Mathra on the Jumna and Kanauj on the Ganges.
- He reduced the one, received the submission of the other, and carried back great stores of plunder., Three years later he went into India again, marching over nearly the same ground, to the support, this time, of the raja of Kanauj,, who, having made friendship with the Mahommedan invader on his last visit, had been attacked by the raja of Kalinjar.Advertisement
- Hindustan proper was at that period divided between the two Rajput kingdoms of Kanauj and Delhi.
- In his further travels he visited Mathura (Mot'ulo, Muttra), whence he turned north to Thanesar and the upper Jumna and Ganges, returning south down the valley of the latter to Kanyakubja or Kanauj, then one of the great capitals of India.