Kamran sentence example
- Fateh Khan was barbarously murdered by Kamran (Mahmud's son) near Ghazni in 1818; and in retaliation Mahmud himself was driven from power, and the Barakzai clan secured the sovereignty of Afghanistan.
- Fatteh Khan, however, excited the king's jealously by his powerful position, and provoked the malignity of the king's son, Kamran, by a gross outrage on the Saddozai family.
- Herat remained thus till Kamran's death (1842), and after that was held by his able and wicked minister Yar Mahommed.
- Fresh provocation had, moreover, been given to the shahs government by the rash and incapable Kamran.
- As to Afghanistan, the vizier Yar Mahommed had in 1842, when the British troops were perishing in the passes, or otherwise in the midst of dangers, caused Kamran to be suffocated in his prison.Advertisement
- In September 1855 Mahommed Yusuf Saduzai seized upon Herat, putting Said Mahommed to death with some of his followers who were supposed accomplices in the murder of his uncle Kamran.
- He was accordingly seized, blinded and afterwards murdered with prolonged torture, the brutal Kamran striking the first blow.