Kallman sentence example
- Kallman's syndrome (KS) is the most frequent cause of hypogonadotropic hypogonadism and affects approximately one in 10,000 males and one in 50,000 females.
- Kallman's syndrome is found in all ethnic backgrounds.
- Kallman's syndrome is a disorder of hypogonadotropic hypogonadism, delayed puberty, and anosmia (the inability to smell).
- Kallman's syndrome is a birth defect in the brain that prevents release of hormones and appears as failure of male puberty.
- Anosmia, the inability to smell, was first described with hypogonadotropic hypogonadism in 1856, but it was not until 1944 that an instance of Kallman's reported the inheritance of the two symptoms together in three separate families.Advertisement
- Hence, the syndrome of hypogonadotropic hypogonadism and anosmia was named Kallman's syndrome (KS).
- Kallman's syndrome-A disorder of hypogonadotropic hypogonadism, delayed puberty, and anosmia.