Kalewala sentence example
- A Magyar version, by Ferdinand Barna, of the Kalewala was published at Pest in 1871.
- Porkka (18J4-1889), who extended their researches to the Finns settled in other parts of the Russian empire, and collected a considerable number of variants of the Kalewala and other popular poetry and songs.
- It was not until, in 1835, the national epos of Finland, the Kalewala (q.v.), was introduced to readers by the exertions of Elias Lonnrot, that the Finnish language was used for literary composition.
- Familiar examples are the stories of Perseus, Odysseus, Sigurd, the Indian epic stories, the adventures of Ilmarinen and Wainamoinen in the Kalewala, and so forth.
- In the Kalewala much of the Jason cycle, including this part, recurs.Advertisement
- Heracles, Odysseus, Wainamoinen in the Kalewala, are the best-known examples in epic literature.