Kalb sentence example
- He also enlisted the services of a number of Continental soldiers of fortune, among whom were Lafayette, Baron Johann De Kalb and Thomas Conway.
- See "A Bibliography of the Mosquito Coast of Nicaragua," by Courtney de Kalb, in Bulletin of the American Geog.
- Soon after the engagement began a large part of the Americans, mostly North Carolina and Virginia militia, fled precipitately, carrying Gates with them; but Baron De Kalb and the Maryland troops fought bravely until overwhelmed by numbers, De Kalb himself being mortally wounded.
- Two thousand men, mainly the Maryland line, were hurried down from Washington's camp under Johann de Kalb; Virginia and North Carolina put new men into the field, and the entire force was placed under command of General Gates.
- De Kalb was killed in the action.Advertisement
- Thus at Mobile the annual mean is 67° F., the mean for the summer 81°, and for the winter 52°; and at Valley Head, in De Kalb county, the annual mean is 59°, the mean for the summer 75°, and for the winter 41°.
- He was detained for twelve months in the island fortress of Kalb, on the east coast of Jutland, but contrived to escape to Lubeck in September 1519.
- The chief attraction for Schiller was, however, Frau von Kalb with whom he had been passionately in love in Mannheim; but not very long afterwards he made the acquaintance at Rudolstadt of the family von Lengefeld, the younger daughter of which subsequently became his wife.
- The mother of Yazid, Maisun, belonged to the most powerful tribe in Syria, the Kalb, and it seems that this and the cognate tribes of Qoda'a (Yemenites) had enjoyed certain prerogatives, which had aroused the jealousy of the Qais and the cognate tribes of Modar.
- The amir of the Kalb, Ibn Balidal, persuaded probably by Obaidallah b.Advertisement
- For about ten years the Syrian and Mesopotamian deserts were the scene of a series of raids, often marked by great cruelty, and which have been the subject of a great many poems. Abdalmalik had need of all his tact and energy to pacify ultimately the zealous sectaries, but the antagonism between Yemenites (Kalb and Azd) and Madarites (Qais and Tamim) had been increased by these struggles, and even in the far east and the far west had fatal consequences.
- Thus at Mobile the annual mean is 67Ã‚° F., the mean for the summer 81Ã‚°, and for the winter 52Ã‚°; and at Valley Head, in De Kalb county, the annual mean is 59Ã‚°, the mean for the summer 75Ã‚°, and for the winter 41Ã‚°.