Kalaun sentence example
- But it revived, and most of its fine Moslem mosque and fortress architecture, still extant, belongs to the reign of Sultan Kalaun (1282) and the succeeding century, during which Abulfeda describes it as a very strong place.
- There are four other mosques within the citadel walls, the chief being that of Ibn Kalaun, built in A.D.
- 970, and is the seat of a Mahommedan university; and the mosque of Sultan Kalaun, which is attached to the hospital or madhouse (muristan) begun by Kalaun in A.D.
- Besides the mosque proper there is a second mosque containing the fine mausoleum of Kalaun.
- The mosque of sultan Hasan, below the citadel, those of Muayyad and Kalaun, with the Barkukiya and the mosque of Barkuk in the cemetery of Kait Bey, are instances of the second and more matured style of the period.Advertisement