Kader sentence example
- He reunited under his sway the tribes that had Kader.
- This was a triumph for Abd-el Kader, who regarded the peace as but a truce which would allow him time to gain strength to resume the war under more favourable conditions.
- It was one of the chief towns of Abd el Kader, but was occupied by the French in 1843.
- Raouf was recalled, and succeeded by Abdel Kader Pasha, a much stronger governor, who had some success, but whose forces were quite insufficient to cope with the rebels.
- The Egyptian government was too busily engaged in suppressing Arabi's revolt to be able to send any help to Abdel Kader, and in September 1882, when the British troops entered Cairo, the position in the Sudan was very perilous.Advertisement
- Abdel Kader Pasha was asked to undertake tile work, and he agreed on the understanding that he would be supported, and that the policy of abandonment was not to be announced.