Kabinda sentence example
- With the exception of the enclave of Kabinda the province lies wholly south of the river Congo.
- The chief towns are Sao Paulo de Loanda, the capital, Kabinda, Benguella and Mossamedes.
- North of the Congo Portugal retained the small enclave of Kabinda, while south of the river the frontier left the Congo at Noki and followed the parallel of that place to the Kwango river.
- The lower Congo and coast regions are occupied by the Ba-Kongo (otherwise Ba-Fiot), a division including the Mushi-Kongo, found chiefly in the Congo division of Angola, and the Basundi, who live on both banks of the river in the cataracts districts, the Kabinda and the Mayumbe - the two last named dwelling in the coast districts and foot-hills immediately north of the mouth of the Congo.
- There was nevertheless an increase in cocoa plantations, chiefly in the Kabinda enclave; coffee, though gathered mainly from wild plants, was also cultivated in the Loanda hinterland and other areas.Advertisement
- The Loango coast is now divided between French Congo and the Portuguese district of Kabinda (see those articles).