Kabba sentence example
- It is in the province of Kabba, 250 m.
- Illorin and Borgu with a portion of Kabba were already under British rule.
- The rulers of other neighbouring provinces offered their allegiance, and by the end of the year 1901 nine provinces, Illorin, Kabba, Middle Niger, Lower Benue, Upper Benue, Nupe, Kontagora, Borgu and Zaria had accepted the British occupation.
- For administrative purposes the territories were at first divided into seventeen provinces: Sokoto, Gando, Kano, Katsena, Bornu East, Bornu West, Zaria, Bauchi, Borgu, Kontagora, Nassarawa, Muri, Yola, Bassa, Kabba, Illorin, Nupe.
- Illorin, Nupe and Kabba have been formed into one province called the Niger province, and also placed under the charge of a first-class resident, and it is intended to continue this process so as to make finally eight first-class provinces of the whole territory.Advertisement
- Known in its upper course as the Kabba, it flows through wild rocky country, its banks in places being 900 ft.
- In 1892 a slave-raiding chief, named Fodi Kabba, had to be forcibly expelled from British territory.
- In 1900 trouble again arose through the agency of Fodi Kabba, who had fixed his residence at Medina, in French territory.
- Suankandi was captured and, the French co-operating, Medina was also captured, Fodi Kabba being killed on the 23rd of March 1901.