Kabarega sentence example
- Christians, before the arrival of Peters, had again engaged the Mahommedans and driven them to the frontier of Unyoro, where King Kabarega gave them an asylum and aid.
- In November 1893 Colonel (Sir Henry) Colvile arrived to take charge, and at once led the whole of the Baganda army Colvile's against King Kabarega of Unyoro.
- Mwanga, however, managed to get through and join Kabarega and the rebels in the north.
- Evatt had the good fortune to capture Kings Mwanga and Kabarega, who were deported to the coast and subsequently removed to the Seychelles, where Mwanga died in 1903.
- With King Kabarega, a son of Kamurasi, the Egyptians had many encounters.Advertisement
- It need only be stated here that in 1899 Kabarega was captured by the British and deported to the Seychelles, and that one of his sons (Yosia, a minor) was subsequently recognized as chief in his place, though with very restricted powers, the province being virtually administered directly by the British government.
- Emin and Captain Casati, an Italian, moved south to Wadelai, giving up the northern posts, and opened friendly relations with Kabarega, king of tlnyoro.
- The islands were chosen in 1897 as the place of deportation of Prempeh, ex-king of Ashanti, and in 1 9 01 Mwanga, ex-king of Uganda, and Kabarega, ex-king of Unyoro were also deported thither.
- Chippendall, in 1875, and was named after a chieftain who, when visited by Gessi Pasha (on the occasion of that officer's circumnavigation of Albert Nyanza), ruled the surrounding district as a vassal of Kabarega, king of Unyoro.