Junca sentence example
- As regards the "man," we have the contemporary official journals of Etienne du Junca (d.
- Du Junca subsequently records that "on Monday the 19th of November 1703, the unknown prisoner, always masked with a black velvet mask, whom M.
- But in spite of du Junca's emphasis on the mask, it is in reality very questionable whether the wearing of a mask was an unusual practice.
- Assuming the words here, "as he is only a valet," to refer to Dauger, and taking into account the employment of Dauger from 1675 to 1680 as Fouquet's valet, Mr Lang now obtains a solution of the problem of why a mere valet should be a political Funck-Brentano argues that "un ancien prisonnier qu'il avait a Pignerol" (du Junca's words) cannot apply to Dauger, because then du Junca would have added "et a Exiles."
- But this is decidedly far-fetched; du Junca would naturally refer specially to Pignerol, the fortress with which Saint-Mars had been originally and particularly associated.Advertisement
- But when he attempts to force du Junca's phrase "un ancien prisonnier qu'il avait a Pignerol" into this sense, he is straining language.