Julii sentence example
- See Acta Sanctorum, Julii, ii.
- Olmiitz is said to occupy the site of a Roman fort founded in the imperial period, the original name of which, Mons Julii, has been gradually corrupted to the present form.
- 37 (according to others, 39) at Forum Julii (Frejus) in Gallia Narbonensis.
- Under its new name Laus Julii and an Italian constitution it rapidly recovered its commercial prosperity.
- The Julii Caesares, however, had also acquired the new nobilitas, which belonged to holders of the great magistracies.Advertisement
- that is to say, it was used by the Romans to form the names of the inhabitants of municipal towns, as for instance Foro-iulienses, the inhabitants of Forum Julii.
- An ancestor named Leupichis entered Italy in the train of Alboin and received lands at or near Forum Julii (Friuli).
- The original hamlet was the capital of the tribe of the Oxybii, while the town of Forum Julii was founded on its site by Julius Caesar in order to secure to the Romans a harbour independent of that of Marseilles.
- Aire (Atura, Vicus Julii) was the residence of the kings of the Visigoths, one of whom, Alaric II., there drew up his famous code.
- Bunte (1875); see also Bunte, De C. Julii Hygini, Augusti Liberti, Vita et Scriptis (1846).Advertisement
- hic jacet Johannes Sprunt, quondam Major Oxon qui obiit xvii die mensis Julii A o.
- patrician clan of the Julii.