Juden sentence example
- He had already begun his work of toleration, for he had recently produced a drama (Die Juden, 1749), the motive of which was to prove that a Jew can be possessed of nobility of character.
- 26 seq., may be supplemented by Willrich, Juden u.
- Steinschneider, Arabische Literatur der Juden (Frankfort-on-Main, 1902); Hebretische Zlbersetzungen des Mittelalters (Berlin, 1893).
- Under the constitution of Caracalla (198-217) all inhabitants of the Roman empire enjoyed the civil rights of the Cives Romani (Scherer, Die Rechtsverhaltnisse der Juden, p. Io).
- This was Zunz's Gottesdienstliche Vortrage der Juden, i.e.Advertisement
- His earliest collections of stories and sketches, Aus Halb- Asien, Land and Leute des ostlichen Europas (1876) and Die Juden von Barnow (1877) depict graphically the life and manners of the races of southeastern Europe.
- The statements, for instance, of Josephus that the Jews were given full citizen rights in the new foundations are probably false (Willrich, Juden and Griechen vor der makkabciischen Erhebung, 18 95, p. 19 f.).
- His Geschichte der Juden, begun in 1853, was completed in 1875; new editions of the several volumes were frequent.
- Sachs is best remembered for his work on Hebrew poetry, Religiose Poesie der Juden in Spanien (1845); his more ambitious critical work (Beitrage zur Sprachand Alterthumsforschung, 2 vols., 1852-1854) is of less lasting value.
- Mez., 18a Hno n iry rrro inn 1 771:' Die Juden in Babylonien ii.Advertisement
- In France the Alliance Israelite (founded in 1860), in England the Anglo-Jewish Association (founded in 1871), in Germany the Hilfsverein der deutschen Juden, and in Austria the Israelitische Allianz zu Wien (founded 1872),in America the American Jewish Committee (founded 1906), and similar organizations in other countries deal only incidentally with political affairs.
- 102-135, Bertholet, Die Stellung der Israeliten and der Juden zu den Fremden, 1 79-349; articles in Ency.