Judaeorum sentence example
- Mendelssohn himself published a German translation of the Vindiciae judaeorum by Menasseh ben Israel.
- prohibited interference with the synagogue worship ("Judaeorum sectarn nulla lege prohibitam satis constat "), and in 412 a special edict of protection was issued.
- The Confutatio Alcorani, printed at Seville in 1500, at Venice in 1607, adds hardly anything to the sections of the Itinerary devoted to Moslem belief, &c. Ricold's Libellus contra Nationes Orientales and Contra errores Judaeorum have never been printed.
- the Scaccarium Judaeorum was established as a separate branch of the exchequer and used for the purpose of filling the royal coffers.
- (which treats of John and Jesus, and, according to tradition, was sent to the Christian king of Abyssinia) stand for Jesus Nazarenus Rex Judaeorum.Advertisement
- The title "chief rabbi" is not found in the pre-expulsion records, though, before the Jews were banished in 1290, there was an official named "presbyter omnium Judaeorum Angliae."
- Judaeorum (1869); S.
- Menasseh replied in the finest of his works, Vindiciae judaeorum (1656).
- See Hilgenfeld, Messias Judaeorum (1869); James in Bensly's edition of 4 Ezra, pp. xxxviii.-lxxx.; Weinel in Hennecke's N.T.
- The head official of the English Jews prior to their expulsion bore the title of Presbyter judaeorum; opinions differ as to whether this officer was ecclesiastical or had merely the secular duty of supervising the exchequer of the Jews (see further The Jewish Encyclopedia, 1905, x.Advertisement
- Justinian's phrase, " Sabbata Judaeorum a Mose in omne aevum j ejunio dicata " (1.