Judaeorum sentence example
- Mendelssohn himself published a German translation of the Vindiciae judaeorum by Menasseh ben Israel.
- The Confutatio Alcorani, printed at Seville in 1500, at Venice in 1607, adds hardly anything to the sections of the Itinerary devoted to Moslem belief, &c. Ricold's Libellus contra Nationes Orientales and Contra errores Judaeorum have never been printed.
- (which treats of John and Jesus, and, according to tradition, was sent to the Christian king of Abyssinia) stand for Jesus Nazarenus Rex Judaeorum.
- The title "chief rabbi" is not found in the pre-expulsion records, though, before the Jews were banished in 1290, there was an official named "presbyter omnium Judaeorum Angliae."
- Menasseh replied in the finest of his works, Vindiciae judaeorum (1656).Advertisement