Jucar sentence example
- Sueca has a thriving trade in grain and fruit from the Jucar valley, which is irrigated by waterways created by the Moors.
- The Zancara rises near the source of the Jucar, in the east of the tableland of La Mancha; thence it flows westward, assuming the name of Guadiana near Ciudad Real, and reaching the Portuguese frontier 6 m.
- It occupies the Jucar valley, south of the Sierra de Zorras, a low range of hills which terminates eastward in Cape Cullera, a conspicuous headland surmounted by a lighthouse.
- Besides many smaller streams, two large rivers water the province, the Segura in the southwest, and the Jucar in the north-east; both rising beyond the borders of Albacete, and ultimately flowing into the Mediterranean.
- Near Alcira the Jucar turns south-eastward, and then sharply north, curving again to the south-east before it enters the Mediterranean Sea at Cullera, after a total course of 314 m.Advertisement