Jouy sentence example
- The most recognized classic French fabric designs Include the brightly colored paisley, floral and botanical designs found on Indienne cottons and the Toile de Jouy pattern.
- Toile is a French word meaning "linen cloth" or "canvas" and Jouy comes from Jouy-en-Josas, the location of the factory that first began printing French toile fabrics.
- Sometimes called by its full name Toile de Jouy, toile fabrics and wallpapers usually pair a light background with repeated scenes of people and animals in a pleasing outdoor setting.
- Toile de Jouy, which is often just abbreviated as toile was created in 18th-century Jouy, France.
- The factory he started produced toile de Jouy, a cotton fabric printed with engraved scenes of historical figures or landscapes.Advertisement
- Accent a classy bed like this with a quilt or bedspread that has a traditional French Toile de Jouy pattern.
- A Toile de Jouy pattern has a repeating scene involving people, animals, plants or all of them combined.