Joseph henry sentence example
- In the 9th series (1834) he announced the discovery of the important property of electric conductors, since called their self-induction or inductance, a discovery in which, however, he was anticipated by Joseph Henry in the United States.
- He was an apprentice of Joseph Henry Green, the distinguished surgeon at St Thomas's, well known for his friendship for Samuel Taylor Coleridge, whose literary executor Green became.
- At the LeMoyne crematory established here by Dr Francis Julius LeMoyne,' on the 6th of December 1876, took place the first public cremation in the United States; the body burned was that of Baron Joseph Henry Louis de Palm (1809-1876), a Bavarian nobleman who had emigrated to the United States in 1862 and had been active in the Theosophical Society in New York.
- American Joseph Henry produced the first electromagnet when he wrapped a coil of insulated electrical wire around a metal inner.
- The founder's grandson Joseph Henry Gillott died a millionaire in 1907.Advertisement
- Mr Atkinson and Mr Burks retired as chairman and secretary to be replaced by Mr Joseph Henry Sutcliffe and Mr Donald F Wormald respectively.