Joseph henry sentence example
- Thus Joseph Henry (Scientific Writings, vol.
- the author of "Home, Sweet Home," Edwin McMasters Stanton and Joseph Henry.
- McClellan, by Frederick Macmonnies; and statues of Lincoln,' by Scott Flannery and (in Lincoln Park) by Thomas Bail, of Joseph Henry (by W.
- In the 9th series (1834) he announced the discovery of the important property of electric conductors, since called their self-induction or inductance, a discovery in which, however, he was anticipated by Joseph Henry in the United States.
- Cooke (1806-1879) and Sir C. Wheatstone in England, Joseph Henry and S.Advertisement
- He was an apprentice of Joseph Henry Green, the distinguished surgeon at St Thomas's, well known for his friendship for Samuel Taylor Coleridge, whose literary executor Green became.
- At the LeMoyne crematory established here by Dr Francis Julius LeMoyne,' on the 6th of December 1876, took place the first public cremation in the United States; the body burned was that of Baron Joseph Henry Louis de Palm (1809-1876), a Bavarian nobleman who had emigrated to the United States in 1862 and had been active in the Theosophical Society in New York.
- See Joseph Henry Allen, Our Liberal Movement in Theology (Boston, 1882), and Sequel to our Liberal Movement (Boston, 1897); John White Chadwick, Old and New Unitarian Belief (Boston, 1894), and specially William Ellery Channing (1903); Unitarianism: its Origin and History, a course of Sixteen Lectures (Boston, 1895) George Willis Cooke, Unitarianism in America: a History of its Origin and Development (Boston, 1902); and Unitarian Year Book (Boston).
- American Joseph Henry produced the first electromagnet when he wrapped a coil of insulated electrical wire around a metal inner.
- The founder's grandson Joseph Henry Gillott died a millionaire in 1907.Advertisement
- retired as chairman and secretary to be replaced by Mr Joseph Henry Sutcliffe and Mr Donald F Wormald respectively.
- Good, History of the Reformed Church in the United States, 1725-1792 (Reading, Pa., 1899), and Historical Handbook (Philadelphia, 1902); and the sketch by Joseph Henry Dubbs in vol.
- Mr Atkinson and Mr Burks retired as chairman and secretary to be replaced by Mr Joseph Henry Sutcliffe and Mr Donald F Wormald respectively.
- Washington, DC: Joseph Henry Press, 2001.