Jonsson sentence example
- (1882), pp. 1-51; Finnur Jonsson, " Gronlands gamle Topografi efter Kilderne " in Meddelelser om Gronland, part xx.
- In 1830 he was secretary to the bishop of Iceland, the learned Steingrimr Jonsson.
- Dr Finnur Jonsson of Copenhagen says: "The classic form of the saga and its vivid and excellent tradition surely carry it back to about 1200."
- Jonsson, 1906, p. 335).
- A little later the romance of King Alexander' was translated by, or at the command of, Bo Jonsson Grip; this is more meritorious.Advertisement
- For the periods succeeding the union, Danish state papers and the History of Finn Jonsson are the best authority.
- collections of Kings' Lives, Morkin-skinna, &c. Karl Jonsson, abbot of Thingore, the Benedictine minister, wrote (c. 1184) Sverrissaga from the lips of that great king, a fine racy biography, with a style and spirit of its own.
- Arngrim Jonsson's Brevis Commentarius (1593), and Crymogaea (1609), were the first-fruits of this movement, of which Bishops Odd, Thorlak and Bryniulf (worthy parallels to Parker and Laud) were the wise and earnest supporters.
- In that year appeared also the first volume of Bishop Finn Jonsson's Historia Ecclesiastica Islandiae, a work of high value and much erudition, containing not only ecclesiastical but civil and literary history, illustrated by a well-chosen mass of documents, 870-1740.
- See also Finnur Jonsson, Den Oldnorske og Oldislanske Litteraturs Historie (Copenhagen, 1893-1900); R.Advertisement
- In the middle of the 19th century this school was best represented by Hjalmar Jonsson from Bola (1796-1875), a poor farmer ' E.g.
- Other distinguished philologists are his successor as head of the Latin school, Bjorn Magnusson Olsen (Researches on Sturlunga, Ari the Wise, The Runes in the Old Icelandic Literature - the last two works in Danish); Finnur Jonsson, professor at the University of Copenhagen (History of the Old Norwegian and Icelandic Literature, in Danish, and excellent editions of many old Icelandic classical works); and Valtyr Guc?mundsson, lecturer at the University of Copenhagen (several works on the old architecture of Scandinavia) and editor of the influential Icelandic literary and political review, Eimre151n (" The Locomotive ").
- heat ten: Lee Richardson, Andreas Jonsson, Ryan Sullivan, Tomasz Chrzanowski.
- HEAT TEN: Lee Richardson, Andreas Jonsson, Ryan Sullivan, Tomasz Chrzanowski.
- When you are searching for a name such as Jonsson, be sure to also check Jonfon.Advertisement