Jokai sentence example
- nation, Maurus Jokai delivering the funeral oration.
- Among successful dramatic pieces may be mentioned the Falu rossza (Village Scamp) of Edward Toth (1875), which represents the life of the Hungarian peasantry, and shows both poetic sentiment and dramatic skill; A szerelem harcza (Combat of Love), by Count Geza Zichy; Iskdriot (1876) and the prize tragedy Tamora (1879), by Anthony Varady; Janus (1877), by Gregory Csiky; and the dramatized romance Szep Mikhal (Handsome Michal), by Maurus Jokai (1877).
- But by far the most prolific and talented novelist that Hungary can boast of is Maurus Jokai (q.v.), whose power of imagination and brilliancy of style, no less than his true representations of Hungarian life and character, have earned for him a European reputation.
- The first is represented almost exclusively by Maurus Jokai (q.v.).
- Jokai belong ArpÃ¡d Kupa (A napszdmosok, " The Labourers "; Kepselt kirdlyok, " Imaginary Kings "); Robert Tabori (Nagy jdtek, " Great Game "; A negyveneves ferfiu, " The Man at Forty "); and Julius Werner (Kendi Imre hdzassdga, " The Wedding of Emericus Kendi "; Olga; Megvirrad meg valaha, " Dawn will come in the End ").Advertisement
- Leonore (Barger); Der traurige Monch (Lenau); Des todten Dichter's Liebe (Jokai); Der blinde Sanger (Tolstoy).