John taylor sentence example
- 2," which had been drawn by John Taylor (1770-1832) of South Carolina, and was not actively supported by him.
- In 1847 Brigham Young had succeeded Joseph Smith as president of the Mormons, and he held that position of veritable dictator until his death (1877); John Taylor succeeded him, and Wilford Woodruff in 1890 was chosen head of the organization; then Lorenzo Snow was president in 1898-1901, and Joseph Fielding Smith was elected in 1901.
- The church has a three-sided apse, a rare form in this county, part of the John Taylor design.
- In the first instance a small deputation to include Roland Rosner and Paul Jeffrey would arrange to see John Taylor.
- Sir John Taylor Coleridge, his fellow scholar at Corpus and his life-long friend, says of him, after their friendship of five and fifty years had closed, "It was the singular happiness of his nature, remarkable even in his undergraduate days, that love for him was always sanctified by reverence - reverence that did not make the love less tender, and love that did but add intensity to the reverence."Advertisement
- At some point I read John Taylor Gatto, and his belief is that schools should eliminate artificial subject divisions.