John sherman sentence example
- Hayes, the new president, having chosen John Sherman to be his secretary of the treasury, an effort was made to send Garfield to the United States Senate in Sherman's place.
- A selection from the correspondence of John Sherman and his brother Gen.
- Though his brother John Sherman was a leader in the party which had elected Lincoln, William Sherman was very conservative on the slavery question, and his distress at what he thought an unnecessary rupture between the states was extreme.
- In 1891 he wrote anonymously two Irish stories, John Sherman and Dhoya, for Mr Fisher Unwin's "Pseudonym Library."
- In early life he had little time for politics, but after 1880 he became prominent in the affairs of the Republican party in Cleveland, and in 1884 and 1888 was a delegate to the Republican National Convention, in the latter year being associated with William McKinley in the management of the John Sherman canvass.Advertisement
- Bushnell (1834-1904) United States senator from Ohio, to succeed John Sherman.
- The members of his cabinet were: secretary of state, John Sherman (whose appointment created a vacancy in the Senate to which Marcus A.
- Grant - John Sherman of Ohio also having a considerable following - struggled through thirty-six ballots, when the friends of Blaine, combining with those of Sherman, succeeded in nominating General James A.
- It was the home of John Sherman from 1840 until his death.
- In the same year appeared Unitarian books by John Sherman (1772-1828) and Hosea Ballou (1771-1852), and another in 1810 by Noah Worcester (1758-1837).Advertisement