John of salisbury sentence example
john of salisbury
- After that date two more became known; the whole was familiar to John of Salisbury in 1159; while the Physics and Metaphysics came into notice about 1200.
- 2; and the life by John of Salisbury in Monumenta Germaniae historica.
- The most complete study of John of Salisbury is the monograph by C. Schaarschmidt, Johannes Sarisberiensis nach Leben and Studien, Schriften and Philosophie, 1862, which is a model of accurate and complete workmanship. See also the article in the Dict.
- The works of John of Salisbury (ed.
- BERNARD OF CHARTRES (1080 ?-1167), surnamed Sylvestris, scholastic philosopher, described by John of Salisbury as perfectissimus inter Platonicos nostri saeculi.Advertisement
- Nihilists and naturalists, who deified logic and science at the expense of faith, were not unknown at Paris in the days of John of Salisbury.
- The account which John of Salisbury gives of it in the first half of the r 2th century, under the presidency of Theodoric and Bernard, affords a very pleasant glimpse into the history of the middle ages.
- Prantl distinguishes from the system of indifference the " status " doctrine attributed by John of Salisbury to Walter of Mortagne (d.