John morley sentence example
- The standard biography is that by John Morley (1881).
- Other sections of the party were strongly represented by Mr John Morley as secretary for India, Mr Bryce (afterwards ambassador at Washington) as chief secretary for Ireland, Sir R.
- His "more stately genius," as Mr John Morley calls it, was already making him the undisputed master of the feelings of his audiences.
- Harcourt (commissioner of works), Mr John Morley (India) and Sir Henry Fowler (duchy of Lancaster) retained their offices, the two latter being created peers.
- Gladstone became prime minister with Lord Aberdeen as lord-lieutenant and Mr John Morley as chief secretary.Advertisement
- Lord Salisbury resigned in August, and was succeeded by Gladstone, with Lord Houghton (afterwards earl of Crewe) as lord-lieutenant and Mr John Morley as chief secretary.
- In the Liberal administration of1892-1895he was lord-lieutenant for Ireland, having Mr John Morley as chief secretary.
- In private life his loyalty to his friends, and his "genius for friendship" (as John Morley said) made a curious contrast to his capacity for arousing the bitterest political hostility.