John major sentence example
- The main work continued to be done in Latin, and to better purpose by Hector Boece (q.v.), John Major and George Buchanan (q.v.) than by the earlier annalists Fordun (q.v.) and Bower (q.v.).
- But he sent his son John to school (no doubt the well-known grammar school of Haddington), and thereafter to the university, where, like his contemporary George Buchanan, he sat "at the feet" of John Major.
- This last-named building was erected in 1879 to replace the old and famous grammar school, where John Knox, William Dunbar, John Major and possibly George Buchanan and Sir David Lindsay were educated.
- His current dour persona makes John Major and Iain Duncan Smith look inspirational.
- Sir John Major has an Op-Ed in the Telegraph on what the Conservatives need to do to win back power.Advertisement
- (See also the British Museum catalogue.) In his controversial works he upholds the synergistic views of the Scottish theologian John Major.
- In many respects, the sleaze associated with the John Major years looks a bit tame compared to life under Blair.
- I cannot remember these small-minded people complaining about John Major watching cricket or Margaret Thatcher entertaining at Chequers while Prime Minister.