John henry newman sentence example
john henry newman
- Meanwhile he had given up the Calvinistic views of his youth, and had become an enthusiastic follower of John Henry Newman.
- He founded a religious community at Birmingham, called Wilfridians, which was ultimately merged in the oratory of St Philip Neri, with John Henry Newman as Superior.
- In Macmillan's Magazine for January 1864 he asserted that truth for its own sake was not obligatory with the Roman Catholic clergy, quoting as his authority John Henry Newman.
- 1901); MacRae, Die religiose Gewissheit bei John Henry Newman (Jena, 1898); Grappe, John Henry Newman.
- In 1889 he gave Edward a wedding gift: a copy of a poem by the great Catholic churchman, Cardinal John Henry Newman.Advertisement