John donne sentence example
- At a slightly later date John Donne (1573-1621) and Joseph Hall (1574-1656) divided the suffrages of the pious.
- 19 a planted and used as well in the said colonies as also as much as might be among the savages bordering among them "; and the honoured names of Nicolas Ferrar, John Ferrar, John Donne and Sir John Sandys, a pupil of Hooker, are all found on the council by which the home management of the colony was conducted.
- Letters to Several Persons of Honour form an important section in the poetry of John Donne.
- The principal editor of his posthumous writings was his son, John Donne the younger (1604-1662), a man of eccentric and scandalous character, but of considerable talent.
- He remembered her paraphrase of John Donne while they were sitting in the park, "No man's death diminishes me because I won't let it."Advertisement