John davis sentence example
- Bordeaux, this is Casey Fritz, Hank Royce, and John Davis.
- under the heading of Polar Regions, and only the names of Martin Frobisher (1576), John Davis (1585), Henry Hudson (1607) and William Baffin (1616) need be mentioned here in order to preserve the complete conspectus of the history of discovery.
- In the voyage of Sir Edward Michelborne in 1605, John Davis lost his life in a fight with a Japanese junk.
- In 1586 St Augustine was almost destroyed by Sir Francis Drake and it also suffered severely by an attack of Captain John Davis in 1665.
- The south and west coast of Greenland was then re-discovered by John Davis in July 1585, though previous explorers, as Cortereal, Frobisher and others, had seen it, and at the end of the 16th and the beginning of the 17th century the work of Davis (1586-1588), Hudson (1610) and Baffin (1616) in the western seas afforded some knowledge of the west coast.Advertisement
- When in 1585 John Davis visited it there was no sign of any people save the Eskimo, among whose traditions are a few directly relating to the old Norsemen, and several traces of Norse influence.'
- Edward Everett Marcus Morton John Davis .
- Posted on 17th October 2004 by John Davis of Stroud I've recently starting playing billiards (the English 3-ball variety, not pool!