John cabot sentence example
- The Cabots received a patent in 1496, empowering them to seek unknown lands; and John Cabot discovered Newfoundland and part of the coast of America.
- The earliest English attempts to reach the East were the expeditions under John Cabot in 1497 and 1498.
- With a charter from the king giving him leave to set up the English banner on all the lands he might discover, the Bristol Genoese trader John Cabot successfully passed the great sea in 1497, and discovered Newfoundland and its rich fishing stations.
- The Matthew is a modern recreation of the square rigged caravel that John Cabot sailed from Bristol to Newfoundland in 1497.
- The replica built in Bristol of John Cabot 's ship the Matthew.Advertisement