Johanneum sentence example
- From the grammar-school (Johanneum) he passed to the gymnasium, where the study of Plato appears especially to have engrossed him.
- In the same neighbourhood is the Johanneum, erected in 1834 and in which are preserved the town library of about 600,000 printed books and 5000 MSS.
- In the Fischmarkt, immediately south of the Johanneum, a handsome fountain was erected in 1890.
- In 1840 he went to Hanover, where he attended the lyceum, and two years later he entered the Johanneum at Luneburg.
- A collection of porcelain in the "Museum Johanneum" (which once contained the picture gallery) is made up of specimens of Chinese, Japanese, East Indian, Sevres and Meissen manufacture, carefully arranged in chronological order.Advertisement
- Zittau is well equipped with schools, including a gymnasium and a commercial school, which are both accommodated in the Johanneum, and several technical institutions.