Jodocus sentence example
- Jodocus) Menig, was born at Fulda, of poor but respectable parents, on the 13th of December 1499.
- Jodocus FIG.
- In this was included a translation into Latin of part of Jodocus Schouten's account of Siam (Appendix de religione Siamensium, ex Descriptione Belgica Iodoci Schoutenii), and chapters on the religions of various peoples.
- In 1511 he was preparing to reprint his Adagia with Jodocus Badius, who in the following year was to have also Seneca and Jerome.
- His German name, Kiirsner, was changed to Pellicanus by his mother's brother Jodocus Gallus, an ecclesiastic connected with the university of Heidelberg, who supported his nephew for sixteen months at the university in 1491-1492.Advertisement
- high, of St Jodocus, and of the Holy Ghost, or the Hospital church, all three begun before 1410.
- His earliest publication, Episcoporum Murthlacensium et Aberdonensium per Hectorem Boetium Vitae, was printed at the press of Jodocus Badius (Paris, 1522).
- The " Atlas " was only published after Mercator's death, in 1595 It only contained nine maps, but after the plates had been sold to Jodocus (Jesse) Hondius the number of maps was rapidly increased, although Mercator's name was retained.