Jocasta sentence example
- ANTIGONE, (I) in Greek legend, daughter of Oedipus and Iocaste (Jocasta), or, according to the older story, of Euryganeia.
- ETEOCLES, in Greek legend, king of Thebes, son of Oedipus and Jocasta (Iocaste).
- JOCASTA, or Iocasta ('IoKaarn; in Homer, 'E7rLKao-rn), in Greek legend, wife of Laius, mother (afterwards wife) of Oedipus, daughter of Menoeceus, sister (or daughter) of Creon.
- Jocasta >>
- " the swollen-footed") 1 in Greek legend, son of Laius, king of Thebes, and Jocasta (Iocaste).Advertisement
- Epicaste (as Jocasta is called in Homer) hanged herself, and Oedipus lived as king in Thebes tormented by the Erinyes of his mother.
- sphinx's riddle resulting in his marriage with his mother Jocasta.
- It was also his rationality that allowed him to solve the Sphinx 's riddle resulting in his marriage with his mother Jocasta.