Joachimsthal sentence example
- On his father's transference to Berlin, as director of the mint, the boy was sent to the Joachimsthal gymnasium there; his brilliant talents, however, did not develop until later, when at the university of Konigsberg he fell under the influence of Kant.
- Well-known localities are Schneeberg in Saxony and Joachimsthal in Bohemia; at the former it has been found as arborescent groups penetrating brown jasper, which material has occasionally been cut and polished for small ornaments.
- At Jachymov (Joachimsthal), in North Bohemia, radium is produced.
- Silver is extracted at Pfibram and Joachimsthal, but the silver mines near Kuttenberg, famous in the middle ages, are now abandoned.
- Antimony is extracted at Milleschau near Tabor; uranium and radium near Joachimsthal; graphite near Krumau and Budweis; porcelain-earth near Carlsbad.Advertisement
- Pflug marched to Joachimsthal on the frontier, but refused to enter Saxon territory without a special command of the estates.
- After studying at the Joachimsthal Gymnasium, Berlin, and at the universities of Halle and GÃƒ¶ttingen, Raumer began to practise law, and rose in the civil service under Hardenberg, the chancellor.
- Marckwald (Ber., 1903, 36, p. 2662) showed that the Joachimsthal pitchblende yields tellurium and a minute quantity of the strongly radioactive polonium which is precipitated by bismuth (see Radioactivity).