Joachim murat sentence example
- Joseph left Naples on the 23rd of May 18o8; but it was not until the 6th of September that Joachim Murat made his entry.
- In consequence of a fatal duel he was sent back to Naples; there he served under Joachim Murat with the rank of general, and fought against the AngloSicilian forces in Calabria and at Messina.
- He served under Joachim Murat and fought the Austrians on the Panaro in 1815.
- The king of the mainland is often spoken of for convenience as king of Naples, but that description was never borne as a formal title save in the 16th century by Philip, king of England and Naples, and in the 19th by Joseph Buonaparte and Joachim Murat.
- of Spain in the 16th century (" King of England and Naples ") and by Joseph Bonaparte and Joachim Murat in the 19th.Advertisement
- In 1808 Napoleon conferred the crown of Spain on Joseph, and appointed Joachim Murat king of Naples.
- He entered Napoleon's army and served with distinction in several campaigns, including those in the Neapolitan kingdom, first under Joseph Bonaparte and later under Joachim Murat.
- There is also a large lunatic asylum, founded by Joachim Murat in 1813.
- In the reign (1808-1815) of Joachim Murat a number of secret societies arose in various parts of the country with the object of freeing it from foreign rule and obtaining constitutional liberties; they were ready to support the Neapolitan Bourbons or Murat, if either had fulfilled these aspirations.