Jivamukti sentence example
- Jivamukti Yoga is one of nine recognized styles of Hatha Yoga.
- In 1984, Sharon Gannon and David Life developed Jivamukti Yoga based on the core spiritual aspects of yoga practice.
- The Sanskrit root of Jivamukti is Jivanmukti, which translates to "God realization".
- The term Jivamukti expresses "liberation while living".
- Many of the asanas performed in Jivamukti are familiar, even to beginners.Advertisement
- The tenets of Jivamukti Yoga involve five basic principles.
- It is incorporated into Jivamukti Yoga as the path to enlightment.
- Jivamukti Yoga embraces a sub-practice called Nada Yoga, which is the yoga of sound.
- Jivamukti teachers complete extensive training and will help you learn the theory of the practice, as well as proper form to avoid injury.
- There are Jivamukti Yoga schools in New York City, Detroit, London, Toronto, Munich, and Berlin.Advertisement
- Stay up-to-date on events by visiting Jivamukti Yoga.com.
- From Jivamukti and Kundalini to Acroyoga and Shambala Meditation, each location has a website you can click on for more information.
- Jivamukti Yoga, created by Sharon Gannon and David Life, is considered the largest yoga center in New York City, and the celebrity following only adds to its popularity.