Jeshua sentence example
- An immense body of exiles is said to have returned at this time to Jerusalem under Zerubbabel, who was of Davidic descent, and the priest Jeshua or Joshua, the grandson of the murdered Seraiah (Ezra i.
- Even in the beginning of the 2nd century B.C., when Ben Sira praises notable figures of the exilic and post-exilic age (Zerubbabel, Jeshua and Nehemiah), Ezra is passed over (Ecclesiasticus xlix.
- Jehoshua; later Jeshua; Gr.
- Ezra], Zerubbabel and Jeshua); it recurs with many variations in a different and apparently more original context in Neh.
- 9-1 i) but the erection of the altar by Jeshua and Zerubbabel under inauspicious circumstances (cf.Advertisement
- text) as "Simeon the son of Jeshua (i.e.