Jeronymo sentence example
- The second siege is one of the most famous in Indo-Portuguese history, and is the subject of an epic by Jeronymo Corte Real.
- Its principal affluent is the Rio das Mortes, which rises in the Serra de Sao Jeronymo, near Cuyaba, Matto Grosso, and is utilized by boatmen going to Para.
- Immediately on its appearance The Lusiads took rank as the national poem par excellence, and its success moved many writers to follow in the same path; of these the most successful was Jeronymo Corte Real (q.v.).
- Nunes de Ledo also produced a treatise on orthography in 1576 and a work on the origins of the language in 1605, and Jeronymo Cardoso gave his countrymen a Latin and Portuguese dictionary.
- Jeronymo Corte-Real >>Advertisement